Alkermes is committed to helping people with opioid and alcohol dependence. Touchpoints services are designed to support providers and patients in getting and continuing VIVITROL treatment.
Touchpoints has a VIVITROL team dedicated to supporting you and your patients. This team understands VIVITROL access and reimbursement, as well as the steps required to start VIVITROL treatment.
Reimbursement Coordinators will keep you updated as your patients’ prescriptions are filled and notify you of any delays. Nurse Coordinators will be in contact with your patients to help ensure that their prescriptions are filled, that they make their appointments, and that they continue with VIVITROL for as long as you determine is appropriate.
TOUCHPOINTS CAN PROVIDE:
- Access to an online portal to track product fulfillment details and patient statuses
- Education about health plan and pharmacy requirements for VIVITROL, including prior authorizations and approval instructions
- VIVITROL pharmacy selection options based on a patient’s health plan coverage requirements
- Pharmacy follow-up to help expedite VIVITROL delivery
A VIVITROL Nurse Coordinator assigned to each patient. They provide:
- Information about obtaining the first dose of VIVITROL
- Instruction on how to access the VIVITROL® Co-pay Savings Program for eligible patients*
- Care coordination for patients transitioning out of a residential facility to a new provider
- Ongoing support with injection appointment reminders and follow-up as patients continue VIVITROL treatment
HERE ARE THE STEPS THAT WILL LIKELY TAKE PLACE TO GET A VIVITROL PRESCRIPTION FILLED IF YOUR PRACTICE GOES THROUGH TOUCHPOINTS:
- VIVITROL prescription: Complete and fax all necessary forms to Touchpoints. If your patients are eligible,* they can sign up for the VIVITROL® Co-pay Savings Program to help save on out-of-pocket prescription expenses. How Touchpoints can help: Touchpoints will route the prescription to a pharmacy (specialty or other), selected based on your patient’s health plan requirement and Touchpoints’s pharmacy experience. Touchpoints may also assist in determining the proper Prior Authorization Form for a specific payer.
Review the information on the Next Steps Card with your patients and hand the card to them.
Remind your patients that a Nurse Coordinator and pharmacist will be calling to review important information about the first pharmacy order. It is important that they answer these calls. How Touchpoints can help: Touchpoints provides a dedicated Nurse Coordinator for every patient who signs up. Nurse Coordinators can help guide patients through the process of starting and continuing VIVITROL treatment.
- Prescription processing: Once the Touchpoints Enrollment Form is entered into the pharmacy database, the pharmacy performs a benefit verification on behalf of your patients and confirms prior authorization approval with the health plan (if applicable). How Touchpoints can help: If information is missing, Touchpoints can troubleshoot and coordinate the retrieval of missing information.
Shipment authorization: The pharmacy will need to call your patients—even those staying in a residential facility—to authorize shipment before setting up delivery to your location. On the call, patients may be asked to:
- Authorize shipment
- Give their VIVITROL® Co-pay Savings Program ID#
- Provide a credit card # for any Co-pay responsibility
- Shipment: Once patients have authorized shipment, the pharmacy will contact your office to set up VIVITROL delivery. How Touchpoints can help: Nurse Coordinators remind patients of their injection appointment date and time.
WHY USE TOUCHPOINTS?
Touchpoints is recommended for practices that are unfamiliar with specialty medications like VIVITROL. It is also recommended for practices whose patients have a wide variety of insurers, or which do not have the administrative staff to deal directly with specialty pharmacies, because Touchpoints can route a prescription to the appropriate pharmacy.ENROLL YOUR PATIENTS IN TOUCHPOINTS
To enroll your patients in Touchpoints, complete and submit the Patient Enrollment Form.
For more information and complete eligibility requirements about the VIVITROL® Co-pay Savings Program, click here.
VIVITROL is not right for everyone. There are significant risks from VIVITROL treatment, including risk of opioid overdose, injection site reactions and sudden opioid withdrawal.
See Important Safety Information below. Discuss all benefits and risks with your patients. See Prescribing Information. Review Medication Guide with your patients.